Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Bank

was waiting in the bank on monday while my friend did her whatnot at the counter. the lines were long, which was a bit unsual. i noticed that the 2 ATM's for that bank outside were not in service and neither was the ATM in the bank in serivice either. so ALL 3, were out of order. hence, the long line of people queueing up just to withdraw some money.

now, if you just sit and look around for just a few minutes, you will notice that:

  1. every 10-15 seconds, a person walks in to use the ATM.
  2. every say maybe, 1 in 4 people would walk to the ATM and try to insert their card in. they didn't even look at the screen before hand. so some were quite puzzled, wondering why the machine wouldn't accept their card. they look at their cards thinking that what's wrong. then after a few seconds later they would look at the screen to see "Terminal Out of Service" flashed across the screen. this would be followed by the "I-can't-believe-it's-not-working. I-was-wasting-my-time-trying-to-use-an-out-of-order-ATM" look.

so that was how i kept myself entertained.

it has been raining for the past 2 days. it rained non-stop yesterday, causing the walkway near my room to be flooded. my poor neighbour, well don't even know if he's around to see the puddle collecting at his door. sigh, the power of my singing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home