Friday, November 11, 2005

Parents

Parents worry too much. It's just in their nature to do so. They worry about their kids, wondering whether they're eating, sleeping and living properly. Plus, they worry bout their parents. Wondering if they're lonely, healthy or happy.
When you don't call often enough, they get worried. When you do, they tell you to go and study or comment that you just called yesterday. Right. That is just what you need to hear.
When you're out, they tell you not to spend so much time outside. When you're home, they wonder why you're not out somewhere instead of rotting away at home.
When I tell my dad my bank balance from time to time, he asks why I spend so little. When I ask for more money, he wonders where it all went to.
When they get more grey hair, they blame it on you because their reasoning is that us kids make them worry and give them so much stress.
Sigh. This is what happens when I have too much time on my hand. I think about things like this.
Now I know how my mom feels. Being cooped up at home for a few weeks. Gosh, it hasn't even been a day yet since Hui Yin and Syl left! BOOO. Come back and entertain me. Amy is busy sleeping away. I need someone to irritate.
Oooh. There's advance screenings of Corpse Bride this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home