Tuesday, July 17, 2007

17th July

Why I think my Daddy is getting old

1. He forgot that I’ve already turned 21, 2 years ago.
2. He forgot that I wanted Eeyore and not Winnie the Pooh even though I just told him last night.
3. Despite telling him several times that I do not like dried prawns, he can still get food containing it for you. His excuse? “The dried prawns are toooo small. Cannot see.”
4. His hearing is hopeless. *James Blunt’s You’re Beautiful is playing on the radio* “Oh, this one is that Christina Aguilera right?” *Stare* *Blink blink* “No… it’s James Blunt. And he’s a guy.” “Oh. But but but she also sang some song bout being beautifully what… Why you looking at daddy like that?!”
5. He went to fill up petrol for you and the next day he goes to check your car and starts saying “Oh SHIT.” loud enough for your neighbours to hear. Then you realise that he drove home without the petrol cap and your petrol flap was left open for half a day. And the fact that it rained heavily that day didn’t make things easier.

Why I think my Daddy is the best

1. He treats me like a lil’ girl.
2. He went Eeyore hunting when I couldn’t find any at any Guardian Pharmacy and brought one home for me.
3. He buys me Baskin Robbins ice cream every 31st.
4. He makes me laugh all the time. “Oh you know your petrol flap was open for half a day and the hole is big enough for a lizard to crawl in you know. Ah, if that happens, then you will have a big problem” So I imagined a lizard crawling into the hole and falling into the petrol tank. Then, I realised that wasn’t a joke when I laughed at him and he said “Ehhh. Really…”
5. He waits up till I come back from work even though it’s past 1 am and washes the dishes after dinner when I’m the last to eat after work.

So, where am I going with these? Well, he turns 60 years young today.

Happy Birthday Daddy!
We shall wait for your son to come back from climbing Mount Kinabalu (lol) and then we’ll open up your special bottle of wine ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home