Sunday, March 19, 2006

I came to the library today in hopes of getting a few things done. Managed to do everything but one. Was suppose to borrow a book for extra reading (am not kiasu ok) so I had a backup plan just in case the book has been borrowed. Plan B was to borrow it from the reserve which means that I can't take it out of the library. The last time I checked online on Friday, the book was still available. But today it's not there. The library catalogue is down at the moment for some maintenance blah blah blah so I had to use this backup one they have on the comp and I don't know how to read it. It's just weird. Doesnt' tell you if any copies are available whatsoever. So I just tried my luck searching for it 2 floors up and in the reserve. Don't have. Not happy. So I've been in the library for the past one hour reading news, snooping on friendster(aw come on. as if you don't...?) yada yada. Still have another hour to kill. Oh wait. I just realised I've been here for slightly over 2 hours already. Webmessenger is screwed up and Hui Yin is not replying me.

Oh and the reason why I'm still in the library is that I'm a lazy ass. I dont' want to walk home and come back again for church later.

So anyway, the weekend has been alright. Had a get-to-know-your-neighbour party last night which was quite fun. Why are there so many ppl doing commerce?!
The major highlight of the week (other than the dumb escalators which btw they sent an email to explain it) is about the big hoo hah about one of my subjects. They had to change the lecture times last minute and in the end, the lecture times became 1-3 on thurs and 1-3 on friday. Obviously everyone would opt to come for the thurs class but obviously the puny lecture theatre just ain't gonna fit all 620 of us. So ppl allocated on the friday class came over and thurs and the lecture was just too full. Ppl sitting on the stairs, standing behind. Even someone I know grabbed a chair from outside and sat right in front. Lecturer wasn't too happy cos there's a safety precaution he has to adhere to. Can't have an overfhowing lecture theatre. So he told us that the next week, this happens, he's going to start taking attendance which will just waste time. So the 2nd week, STILL it was overcrowded. He lectured us about manners and how we are being inconsiderate. So last week, the 3rd class, he actually took attendance. There were ppl stationed at all 4 entrances of the lecture theatre and they had the class list. So obviously the lecture theatre wasn't full that day. So this meant that he spent 20 minutes checking the students and another 20 lecturing us bout manners yet again.

A few days before, he sent all the students an email bout the situation of the overcrowding. Then, some silly fella, sent a reply not only to him, but to the whole entire class. Hmmm, let's see. The lecturer said that was dispicable. And today I checked again and er the silly fella sent an apology email to everyone. Right. But what made the lecturer mad was that a student, sent a very rude email to him. Something bout, "with all due respect, I think what you said was crap." Lecturer obviously wasn't too happy bout that so he forwarded the email to the dean, disciplanary board and err don't know who else. Uh oh. Someone's in trouble.

Words that I just can't get out of my head at the moment:
Yummay!
La di da!
Mmm...

Songs stuck in my head:
Come back down by Lifehouse
Blind by Lifehouse
Far Away by Nickelback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home